All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $128.00Trending at AU $199.21
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $167.89
- AU $26.64Trending at AU $29.41
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.29
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $14.90Trending at AU $23.62
- AU $38.98Trending at AU $44.44
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a companion book to Mary Alice Monroe s vel, Swimming Lessons, the sequel to The Beach House. In the vel, the readers witness a young mother, Toy, writing a journal for her daughter, Little Lovie. This is the journal Toy is writing. Using original photographs, this scrapbook journal explains the nesting cycle of sea turtles and the natural life along the Southeastern coast, including local shore birds, shells, and the sea turtle hospital. Adults and children will enjoy the images, information and the journal with or without the vel. The For Creative Minds educational section includes turtle nesting facts, a shell identification activity, and a make-your-own nature journal.
- Author BiographyMary Alice Monroe(A Butterfly Called Hope) is theNew York Times bestselling author ofThe Beach House, Swimming Lessons, Beach House Memories, Skyward, Sweetgrass, Time is a River, Last Light Over Carolina, andThe Butterfly s Daughteramong other novels. Her first children s book, Turtle Summer: A Journal for my Daughter(ASPCA Henry Bergh award-winner) was released to great acclaim in 2007 as a picture book companion to her adult novel, Swimming Lessons.A Butterfly Called Hopeis her second children s photographic book and is the result of her monarch-raising research forThe Butterfly s Daughter. Mary Alice is currently working on a trilogy of novels about dolphins. Look for a third children s book to accompany that series.
- Author(s)Mary Alice Monroe
- PublisherArbordale Publishing
- Date of Publication27/03/2007
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintArbordale Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width226 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Photographer(s)Barbara J Bergwerf
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.