All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.46
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.66
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.60
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $13.35
- AU $9.96Trending at AU $14.40
- AU $25.41Trending at AU $27.76
About this product
- DescriptionA mother turtle swims to the shore, she digs a hole in the sand dune where she lays one hundred eggs. Following her instincts, she covers the eggs with sand and slowly makes her way back to the sea. What happens next, from eggs to hatchlings, is one of the most extraordinary occurrences in nature. This title offers lyrical text and dramatic paintings that give young readers an understanding of how turtles give birth and how the young fight for survival.
- Author BiographyStephen R. Swinburne is the author of many books, including Wiff and Dirty George: The Z.E.B.R.A. Incident. He lives in South Londonderry, Vermont. Bruce Hiscock has written and illustrated many books for children that deal with nature and wildlife. He lives in Porter Corners, New York.
- Author(s)Stephen R. Swinburne
- PublisherBoyds Mills Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2010
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationHonesdale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBoyds Mills Press
- Content Notefull colour illustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width254 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Illustrator(s)Bruce Hiscock
- Interest Age7 - 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.