All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $65.00Trending at AU $84.36
- AU $24.03Trending at AU $39.58
- AU $40.28Trending at AU $43.27
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $26.52
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.86
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $12.61
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $29.90
About this product
- DescriptionThis unique guide to one of today s hottest tourist destinations combines fascinating articles by a wide variety of writers, woven throughout with the editor s own indispensable advice and opinions providing in one package an unparalleled experience of an extraordinary place. This edition on Tuscany and Umbria features: Articles, interviews, recipes, and quotes from writers, visitors, residents, and experts on the region, including Frances Mayes, Mario Batali, Erica Jong, Barbara Ohrbach, Faith Willinger, and David Leavitt. In-depth pieces about Florence and the hill towns of Tuscany and Umbria that illuminate the simple pleasures of local cuisine, the dazzling art treasures of the Uffizi, the civilized wilderness of Tuscan back roads, the many varieties of olive oil, the endearing quirks of the Italian character, and much more. Enticing recommendations for further reading, including vels, histories, memoirs, coookbooks, and guidebooks. An A Z Miscellany of concise and entertaining information on everything from biscotti to Super-Tuscan wine, from the history of the Medicis to traveling with children. Spotlights on unusual shops, restaurants, hotels, and experiences t to be missed. More than a hundred black-and-white photographs and illustrations.
- Author BiographyBarrie Kerper is the editor of numerous other books in the Collected Traveler series. For more, see www.thecollectedtraveler.com.
- Author(s)Barrie Kerper
- PublisherVintage Books USA
- Date of Publication27/07/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleVintage Departures
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVintage Books USA
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, frontispiece
- Weight590 g
- Width134 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.