Tuskegee Airmen -- To the Moon, Mars and Beyond: (Secrets Revealed) by Ben Flaps Berry (Paperback / softback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $89.41Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $67.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTUSKEGEE AIRMEN - To the Moon, Mars and Beyond tells the behind scenes story about this remarkable group of African-American aviators. It tells the story about their contributions to winning WWII and continuing revelations about certain members of this amazing group and their contributions to Society, Science and Techlogy including Man's Adventures into space. The book discusses how the Tuskegee Airmen overcame adversity of racial bigotry and prejudice during training and air combat by their dedication to excelence of performance. As a Tuskegee Airman, the Author is a recipient of the highest hor bestowed by our Country by the unit citation of the Congressional Gold Medal of Hor awarded to the Tuskegee Airmen. The book tells a story about how a Tuskegee Airman, who was required to fly the slowest fighter plane in air combat, was able to shoot down a jet fighter flown by a German fighter pilot. The book reveals that Tuskegee Airman Fighter Pilots were shot down by enemy fighter pilots during WWII. All Tuskegee Airmen casualties were by enemy anti-aircraft fire. The book discusses the Author's contributions to Space Techlogy and the Apollo and Space Shuttle Programs. The Author discusses his experiences as an international consulting engineer and various cultural aspects of Saudi Arabia and African Countries, including courtship and romance. The book is alive with humorous anecdotes about the Author as he, parenthetically, relates his thoughts during certain actions of the story. 'How to' information is provided to those readers who may be interested in having a sucessful career in World Trade and International Finance. Throughout the book, secrets are revealed, including a shocking secret about the Space Program. The book has historical and spiritual contents. The Author discusses how major historical events affected him personally
- Author BiographyThe author, Ben Flaps Berry, was born and raised in the deep South of the United States. He graduated from Lincoln High School in Kansas City, Missouri and, subsequently, served in World War II as a Tuskegee Airman B-25 Bomber Pilot. After WWII, he earned a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering and Aerospace Engineering at the University of Southern California (USC). He conducted Post-Graduate Studies in Real Estate Project Development at UCLA. He studied Telecommunications at the University of Portland in Oregon. He worked as an engineer in the development of high-speed research and military aircraft, and in the Manned-Space Program, including the Apollo and Space Shuttle Programs. Mr. Berry was the CEO of ITAC, a World Trade company, and was a Consulting Engineer in Africa and Saudi Arabia for eight years. Returning to the United States, he served as Special Assistant to the Director of Communications for Los Angeles County. After retiring as an Engineer, he obtained his Teaching Credential and taught High School Mathematics.
- Author(s)Ben Flaps Berry
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication06/07/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.