All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a compact and user-friendly Japanese to English and English to Japanese dictionary. The Tuttle Compact Japanese Dictionary is an updated and expanded version of Martin's Concise Japanese Dictionary, the favorite dictionary of students of the Japanese language for more than 30 years. A valuable reference for foreigners learning Japanese is the inclusion of declensions for common verbs at the back. The layout of the dictionary is extremely easy to use. Headwords are highlighted in color and all entries are given in Japanese script as well as their romanized equivalents. This format gives the learner a head start in mastering the important written characters of Japanese. This dictionary includes idiomatic expressions along with numerous sample sentences showing how Japanese words and expressions are correctly used in everyday contexts. A comprehensive pronunciation guide and detailed tes on Japanese grammar are also included making this dictionary a great way to learn Japanese.
- Comprehensive and up-to-date with over 25,000 entries.
- English-Japanese and Japanese-English sections.
- Clear, user-friendly layout with idioms, expressions and sample sentences.
- The ideal dictionary for students, teachers and business people.
- Author BiographySamuel Martin is the author of numerous books and papers on the Japanese and Korean languages, including the definitive A Reference Grammar of Japanese and A Reference Grammar of Korean. He received his undergraduate and master's degree in Oriental languages from the University of California at Berkeley and his Ph.D. in linguistics from Yale University. At Yale he served as chairman of the Department of East and South Asian Languages and Literatures, and the Department of Linguistics. Sayaka Khan is a professional translator and interpreter based in Tokyo, Japan. She has translated many books and technical documents from English to Japanese and vice versa. She is a graduate of Waseda University. Fred Perry has a BA from Yale University as well as an MBA from Sophia University, Tokyo. He arrived in Japan in 1956, and continues to live there, where he has worked as a market researcher and consultant.
- Author(s)Samuel E Martin
- PublisherTuttle Shokai Inc
- Date of Publication01/11/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectLanguage Learning: Self Study
- Place of PublicationKawasaki
- Country of PublicationJapan
- ImprintTuttle Shokai Inc
- Weight454 g
- Width127 mm
- Height188 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Revised bySayaka Khan,Fred Perry
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.