All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA quick, fun, wonderful and heart-warming little story that will teach children (and adults!) the importance of treating all of G-d's creatures with the loving-kindness they deserve. If you love great lessons with happy endings, be prepared to love this book!
- Bob Burg, coauthor of the national bestseller, The Go-Giver and member of the board of directors of Furry Friends Adoption & Clinic (www.burg.com)
'Tuvia Finds His Freedom' by Eliyahu and Shoshanah Shear does a wonderful job of teaching children the importance of being loving, thoughtful and kind. Truly delightful and heart warming!
- Michal Y. Noah, PhD. Author of the best-selling, award winning book A-Z the Universe in me. (www.michalyah.com)
Tuvia Finds His Freedom is a nature story based on the true story of a tortoise who got lost. The book is illustrated with photographs depicting his adventures in his journey to obtain his freedom.
Tuvia the tortoise has a very expressive face. Through the photographs the reader can learn the body language of animals and the happiness attained when they are placed in their natural habitat.
Children between the ages of 7 - 11 years will enjoy this book. Some younger children might gain from the story too from both the photographs and the text.
Read the book to find out more about Tuvia. Is he really a tortoise? Where does he belong? What / who helps him to find his freedom?
_________________ Praise about Tuvia Finds His Freedom
A sweet story about a tortoise / turtle showing how kindness from humans can transform an animal's life.
- Barbara Weinberg. Mom and former tortoise owner
'Tuvia Finds His Freedom' is a great way to teach children--and adults as well--the importance of kindness to all of Hashem's creations.
- Rabbi Avraham Sutton (www.avrahamsutton.com)
A delightful story filled with loving kindness. Very descriptive and with lovely photographs.
- R. A. Kahn. Retired teacher. Author of children's books.
A true message to all to respect nature and love it unconditionally. A delightful story with a happy ending. Wonderful!
- Annie Hilton. Artist and teacher
A lovely concept to base a story on a real animal - Tuvia is the perfect name for a turtle - and we are immediately drawn into the quandary of what is to become of him. The book highlights one of the most important lessons a child can learn, that being, to care for our world and all its creatures. The story is an expression of kindness and love, involving problem-solving and delightfully told. - Lynette Hampton (art teacher)
- Author BiographyRabbi Eliyahu and his wife Shoshanah Shear live in Israel. They are both involved in outreach and teaching the beauty of Torah and the importance of acts of kindness to people, animals and the environment. Their organisation - Chessed Ve'Emet - is devoted to acts of kindness and teaching Torah. Their centre also includes a lending library and a store. Eliyahu and Shoshanah write extensively and both have a variety of blogs. They are also photographers and work together as a husband and wife photography team - Shear Success Photographers. Rabbi Eliyahu is also a certified Chatan (bridegroom) teacher - teaching the beautiful values of Family Purity to men about to marry and to married men wishing to refresh their learning. He loves studying and teaching Torah in-person as well as via the Internet. Shoshanah is a qualified occupational therapist with 24 years of experience. She is also a healing facilitator, certified infant massage instructor, certified Kallah teacher, artist, photographer and writer. Shoshanah loves to combine her various skills together with Torah concepts to assist her clients to develop a life of meaning and purpose.
- Author(s)Eliyahu Shear,Shoshanah Shear
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication20/04/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight83 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Photographer(s)Shoshanah Shear
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.