All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTWAIN AND STANLEY ENTER PARADISE follows famed 19th century journalist-explorer Henry Stanley, his wife, the painter Dorothy Tennant, and Stanley's long friendship with Mark Twain, as they venture to Cuba in search of Stanley's father. Told through a fictitious manuscript and imagined correspondence between Stanley, Tennant, and Twain, Hijuelos captures t only the general style of educated 19th century, but manages to pull off the seemingly impossible task of channelling Mark Twain himself. The manuscript--in the works for decades--was found, whole and finished, by Hijuelos's widow after his death.
- Author BiographyOscar Hijuelos was born in New York City in 1951. He was a Pulitzer Prize-winning author with grants from the National Endowment for the Arts and the Guggenheim Foundation. His novels--Mambo Kings,Our House in the Last World, The Fourteen Sisters of Emilio Montez O'Brien, Mr. Ives' Christmas, Empress of the Splendid Season, and A Simple Habana Melody--have been translated into 25 languages. He died on October 12, 2013.
- Author(s)Oscar Hijuelos
- PublisherLittle, Brown & Company
- Date of Publication03/11/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGrand Central Publishing
- Weight564 g
- Width229 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $77.02
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $14.54Trending at AU $15.52
- AU $10.42Trending at AU $18.59
- AU $20.24Trending at AU $25.28
- AU $14.25Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $21.09Trending at AU $24.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.