All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn her new book, popular author Ann Lewin-Benham draws on her intimate kwledge and experience with the Reggio Approach to present 12 best practices inspired t only by Reggio, but also by play-based and Montessori approaches to early childhood education. These practices are demonstrated, one per chapter, with scenarios from classrooms, dialogues of children and teachers, and work samples showing the outcome of using each practice. Used together, the 12 best practices offer a new framework for early education. Written in the accessible style that her readers appreciate, this book expands on Lewin-Benham's earlier works by showing the foundations for teachers to practice the Reggio Approach in their own settings. It introduces several new techniques: fostering language skills through Meaningful Conversation, designing inspiring environments, switching from a scheduled to an Open Flow day, using materials to build brain networks and stimulate Significant Work, and much more.This important resource also includes a self-assessment tool, EXCEL, to assist you in examining your practices and those of your school. All chapters include key points and questions to help readers think more deeply about the material presented.
- Author BiographyAnn Lewin-Benham founded and for 20 years directed the Capital Children's Museum in Washington, DC, where she also founded and directed the Model Early Learning Center. She is the author of Infants and Toddlers at Work: Using Reggio-Inspired Materials to Support Brain Development, Possible Schools: The Reggio Approach to Urban Education,and Powerful Children: Understanding How to Teach and Learn Using the Reggio Approach.
- Author(s)Ann Lewin-Benham
- PublisherTeachers' College Press
- Date of Publication30/06/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleEarly Childhood Education Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTeachers' College Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight405 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.