All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTwelve Keys of Basilius Valentinus is one of the most important alchemical works available to modern students. His writings contain much of interest to the student of alchemy. Whether Basil Valentine is the correct name of the author or an alias does t matter since it detracts thing from his work or the value of his experiments.
- Author BiographyIt is believed that Basilius Valentinus was born in 1394 and that he joined the Benedictine Brotherhood, eventually becoming Canon of the Priory of St. Peter at Erfurt, near Strasburg, although we have no proof. Basil Valentine was the originator of many chemical preparations of importance. Among these are the preparation of spirit of salt (hydrochloric acid), oil of vitriol (sulfuric acid), and the extraction of copper from its pyrites by transforming it first into copper sulfate then plunging a bar of iron into the solution. He is also said to have discovered antimony.
- Author(s)Basilus Valentinus,Philip N Wheeler
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication11/12/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight141 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.