Twelve Principles: Living with Integrity in the Twenty-first Century by Martin Hawes (Paperback, 2003)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $26.19Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $15.25Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by robynstreasures62
- Est. delivery by 6 Mar
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn a world seeking moral leadership, Twelve Principles proposes ways by which we can live responsibly, reappraise our values and develop a world consciousness. These times of great change challenge us to reconsider the values by which we live. Our pursuit of materialism has delivered vast inequalities in wealth, the destructive consequences of climate change, and ever-increasing divisions between peoples and countries. It is a time when many are questioning the wisdom of the prevailing ethos. Martin Hawes proposes twelve principles by which we can live responsibly in the world today. Inspired by the teachings of the humanist thinker, J. Krishnamurti, these principles are applicable at a global as well as a personal level. They are based on living with awareness, acting with integrity and appreciating our interrelationship with all life. To illustrate these precepts in practice, the author includes profiles of twelve people from around the world who are effecting positive change in their own lives and communities. By showing us what is possible, they inspire us all. Includes a foreword by Senator Bob Brown, leader of the Australian Greens.
- Author BiographyMartin Hawes, author, photographer, and wilderness management consultant, was born in England and has lived in Tasmania since he was twelve. He has spent much of his life in the Tasmanian wilderness, often on extended solo expeditions. His first book, Above Me Only Sky: A portrait of the Tasmanian Wilderness, was published in 1981. Martin Hawes has devoted much of the past 25 years to wilderness photography, and much of the past twelve years to writing on philosophical issues. His most recent work is the multimedia production The Island.
- Author(s)Martin Hawes
- PublisherFinch Publishing
- Date of Publication18/09/2003
- Place of PublicationLane Cove
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintFinch Publishing
- Content Note30 colour photos
- Weight450 g
- Width215 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.