All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis unique book addresses trends such as vitalism, neo-Kantianism, existentialism, Marxism and feminism, and provides concise biographies of the influential philosophers who shaped these movements, including entries on over ninety thinkers. It offers discussion and cross-referencing of ideas and figures. It provides Appendix on the distinctive nature of French academic culture.
- Author BiographyAlan D. Schrift is Professor of Philosophy and Director of the Grinnell College Center for the Humanities. He is the author of Nietzsche and the Question of Interpretation: Between Hermeneutics and Deconstruction (1990), Nietzsche's French Legacy: A Genealogy of Poststructuralism (1995), Modernity and the Problem of Evil (2005), and the editor of six collections of essays, including The Logic of Gift: Toward an Ethic of Generosity (1997).
- Author(s)Alan Schrift
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication04/10/2005
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content Note0
- Weight610 g
- Width165 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine29 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.