All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA photographer (who happens to be an ex-restaurant cook) and an indie rock star (who happens to be an avid home cook) show you how to slow down your life by cooking beautiful, straightforward, but sophisticated, food for--and with--friends. When he's on tour with his band, Grizzly Bear, what Chris Taylor misses most about home is the kitchen and the company. With his friend Ithai Schori, he cooks dinner parties for four to forty, using skills Chris learned from his mom and Ithai picked up working at high-end restaurants. Their food is full of smart techniques that make everything taste just a little better than you thought possible--like toasting nuts in browned butter or charring apples for a complex applesauce--but their style is laid-back and unhurried. This is about cooking t just for, but with, your friends, and so the authors enlisted their favorite pastry chef, mixologist, sommelier, and baristas to write detailed material on wine, desserts, stocking a home bar, mixing drinks, and buying and brewing fantastic coffee. Through more than 100 seasonally arranged recipes and gorgeous, evocative photographs of their gatherings you fall into their world, where you and your friends have all day to put food on the table, and where there's always time for ather cocktail in a mason jar before dinner.
- Author BiographyCHRIS TAYLORis a musician, producer, songwriter, and member of the indie rock band Grizzly Bear. A home cook since the age of nine, he's also done stages at London's St. John Bread & Wine as well as at Crimson Sparrow in Hudson, New York. While on tour, Chris dreams of grocery shopping.ITHAI SCHORIis a photographer, videographer, and former restaurant cook.
- Author(s)Chris Taylor,Ithai Schori
- PublisherClarkson Potter Publishers
- Date of Publication07/04/2015
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintClarkson Potter Publishers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1089 g
- Width208 mm
- Height259 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $19.00Trending at AU $31.62
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $37.81
- AU $34.43Trending at AU $38.98
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $50.32
- AU $41.17Trending at AU $43.49
- AU $36.28Trending at AU $37.83
- AU $32.22Trending at AU $33.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.