CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionAfter examining the global system's political volatility at the dawn of the new millenium, the book looks at how some of the identifiable system-wide trends (e.g., globalization, democratization, fragmentation, etc.) may find repercussions in the Asia Pacific. The book also addresses the question of 'comprehensive security', in comparison with other regions, in a wide range of areas subsuming ecomic security (geoecomics), environmental security (ecopolitics), and human security. In addition, the book recognizes the idiosyncrasies of the region, such as the defensiveness of most Asian governments toward the protection of their financial markets against external forces following the regional financial crisis of the late 1990s.
- Author BiographyJAMES C. HSIUNG, Ph.D., Columbia University, is Professor of Politics and International Law at New York University. During 1997-1999, he was visiting Chair Professor and Head, Department of Politics-Sociology, Lingnan University, Hong Kong. He is author and editor of sixteen well-received books as well as numerous articles and book chapters. His most recent works are: Asia Pacific in the New World Politics (1993); Anarchy & Order: The Interplay of Politics and Law in International Relations (1997); and Hong Kong the Super Paradox (2000). His current research interest is in world order in the age of globalization.
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- Date of Publication18/10/2001
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Martin's Press
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight635 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byJames C. Hsiung
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.