All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionOn 28 July 1997, in the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Mike Tyson and Evander Holyfield engaged in what would become the most infamous fight in boxing history. After the third round of a heavyweight championship match, Tyson was disqualified for biting each of Holyfield's ears in what is w commonly called 'the Bite Fight'. But what drives a man to viciously bite ather man? Was it a mental breakdown? Was it fear? Was it retaliation? In Twice Bitten, rewned sports columnist George Willis t only details what triggered Tyson to explode into a rage that led to him biting off and spitting out a chunk of Holyfield's ear but also exposes the panic that engulfed MGM's corridors in the aftermath. It also reveals the answers to the following questions: what happened to the piece of ear that Tyson chewed off and spit out? Why didn't Holyfield reattach it? And was it popping champagne bottles or gunshots that caused a near-riot in the MGM corridors and casis that night? Twice Bitten will enlighten readers on how that night has affected both boxers as they reach middle age. Fifteen years later, the Bite Fight still leaves its marks.
- Author BiographyGeorge Willis is an award-winning sports columnist at the New York Post and has been the primary boxing writer at the newspaper since 2002. He is a sought-after guest on sport-related talk shows on radio, television and the Internet. He is a native of Las Cruces, New Mexico, and now lives in New Jersey.
- Author(s)George Willis
- PublisherMainstream Publishing
- Date of Publication27/03/2014
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMainstream Publishing
- Content Note1 x 8pp b/w
- Weight198 g
- Width127 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.