All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA brand-new technique for creating completely reversible knitting. Readers will discover a new type of color knitting that produces a fully reversible fabric with mirrored or completely different sides. Worked by knitting two yarns at the same time, Twigg stitch allows the knitter to create two completely different fabrics. Not only can the knitter create simple reversible colorwork, but also different cable patterns or even lace that is a different color on each side. Unique and fascinating as the technique is, it's t difficult to master. Anyone with basic knitting skills can quickly learn. The reversible knitting of Twigg Stitch teaches the basics of casting on, handling yarns, increasing and decreasing, changing colors, and knitting in the round. Vicki also provides a stitch dictionary of basic to more complex color patterns, textured patterns, and cables. Ten patterns round out the book, from simple hats and mitts, demonstrating the stitch in its most basic form, to a shaped lace shawl.
- Author BiographyVicki Twigg is a knitter who lives in Chicago. She is the daughter of an artist and an engineering designer, who learned to knit and crochet around the age of five and has been designing constantly ever since. She's English and immersed in all kinds of knitting. She invented Twigg stitch.
- Author(s)Vicki Twigg
- PublisherInterweave Press Inc
- Date of Publication30/11/2014
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLoveland, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInterweave Press Inc
- Content Notecolour illustrations, black & white line drawings, colour line drawings
- Weight640 g
- Width216 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.47Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.