All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat happens when a modern philosopher gets on Twitter? Twisdom! This is the first book of wisdom to arise out of the amazing social media website Twitter. It's a collection of tweets by one of the world's most active and positive public philosophers, Tom Morris, kwn on Twitter as TomVMorris. It's been called the first true book of twenty-first century philosophy. It's as deep and practical as it is fun to read, and will set your mind working in new directions. Topics include courage, patience, love, work, play, and personal possibility. This wide-ranging book also takes on such universal challenges as how to deal with difficulty and anger, the importance of self-confidence in times of change, the ups and downs of our relationships, the challenge of inner peace, and how to find meaning and fulfillment in our lives. The tweets are small but the insights are big. Jump-start your brain with Twisdom! Forewords by Mariel Hemingway and Kathy Ireland.
- Author BiographyTom Morris (Twitter name: @TomVMorris) is one of the most active public philosophers in the world, which has prepared him well for a wealth of spontaneous pondering on the popular website, Twitter. He is a graduate of the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, where he was a Morehead Scholar, and holds a joint Ph.D. in the two disciplines of Philosophy and Religious Studies from Yale University, as well as honorary doctorates and many other awards in recognition of his work. Tom served as a professor of philosophy at The University of Notre Dame for fifteen years, and is the author of many scintillating academic tomes that are widely respected though seldom read, in addition to such popular books as True Success, If Aristotle Ran General Motors, The Art of Achievement, Philosophy for Dummies, The Stoic Art of Living, and If Harry Potter Ran General Electric. Twisdom is his twentieth book. Tom's writing and speaking has been covered, praised, or noticed over the years by such diverse news media as CNN, CNBC, NBC, NPR, Newsweek, The New York Times, Fast Company, The New York Times Magazine, USA Today, The Los Angeles Times, The Chicago Tribune, USA Weekly, The Economist, Readers' Digest, ABC.com, Die Zeit, L'Agefi, Voce, SA, German Elle, and other magazines, newspapers, and websites from around the world. Tom is the first philosopher in history to appear in network TV commercials, where he has served as the national spokesman for Winnie the Pooh, Disney Home Videos. He is also the only thinker ever to engage in early morning philosophy with Regis Philbin on his talk show, and with Matt Lauer on The Today Show, among many other national broadcasts. He can be seen any time in such unlikely places as The Complete Superman DVD Collection, and on The Chronicles of the Young Indiana Jones Complete DVD Set. Really. He is now also a regular guest on the nationally syndicated morning show, Daytime TV. His segments there are also broadcast online at tweetmetv.com. Tom is known for bringing the insights of the great thinkers into the drama of everyday life with high energy and good humor. Tweet him @TomVMorris any time.
- Author(s)Tom V Morris
- Date of Publication16/07/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight195 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.