Twister Tales: Unraveling Tornado Myths by Steve Lanore (Paperback / softback, 2014)
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDid you kw the Tornado Warning false alarm rate is 70%? This number is straight from the National Weather Service. Find out why in Twister Tales: Unraveling Tornado Myths. Find out what Doppler radar can (and can't) tell you. What's the connection between green skies and tornadoes? Why driving away from a tornado may t always be a bad thing to do... The Top 10 Deadliest tornadoes in the U.S....accounts of each one... freakish tornado happenings, tales of good (and bad) luck in the path of twisters Be Weather Aware sections help you put together a game plan before storms show up. This book makes a great read for anyone that enjoys weather or science!
- Author BiographySteve LaNore is the Chief Meteorologist at KXII-TV in Sherman, TX where he has served in this capacity since 2006. His television career includes 9 years in San Antonio and six years in Austin. He is a 9-time award-winning meteorologist, including three awards for Weather Wits and Science Snickers in 2013. He has nearly three decades of broadcast experience; is an AMS Certified Broadcast Meteorologist and has completed the National Weather Service advanced Skywarn training program.
- Author(s)Steve Lanore
- PublisherSteve Lanore
- Date of Publication22/08/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNatural History: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSteve Lanore
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight191 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.