All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBased on author Herbie J Pilato's exclusive interviews with Elizabeth Montgomery prior to her death in 1995, Twitch Upon A Star includes never-before-published material and commentary from several individuals associated with her remarkable life and career before, during, and after Bewitched, including her classic feature films The Court Martial of Billy Mitchell (1955), Who's Been Sleeping In My Bed? (1963), and Johnny Cool (1963). Two of Montgomery's many popular TV movies, A Case of Rape (which remains one of the highest-rated TV-movies of all time) and The Legend of Lizzie Borden (which will soon be remade as a feature film), were groundbreaking and remain classics. But Twitch Upon a Star also goes behind the scenes to explore Montgomery's political activism, including her early advocacy for AIDS sufferers and the peace movement; her support for all mirities, including the gay community and the disabled; and her controversial participation as narrator of the1988 feature film documentary Cover-Up, and its 1991 Oscar-winning sequel, The Panama Deception (both of which chronicled the Iran/Contra scandal of the l980s). The book also explores Montgomery's tumultuous relationships with her father, screen legend Robert Montgomery (she was a liberal; he was a staunch conservative), and her four husbands (including actor Gig Young, who later died in a double murder/suicide). Through it all-and to family and friends such as fellow performers Sally Kemp, Florence Henderson, Ronny Cox, and the Oscar-winning actor Cliff Robertson-she was just Lizzie: down-to-earth and unaffected, just like Samantha, the witch-with-a-twitch Stephens, her most famous role.
- Author BiographyWriter/producer/actor Herbie J Pilato is the author of several books on media and celebrities, including The Bionic Book, The Kung Fu Book of Wisdom, Bewitched Forever, and The Bewitched Book. He has served as a consultant on Bewitched: The E! True Hollywood Story, the Elizabeth Montgomery episode of A&E's Biography, Bravo's hit five-part series The 100 Greatest TV Characters, and countless other productions. He has written about classic television for magazines like Starlog, Sci-Fi Entertainment, Retro Vision, Remember, Classic TV and Electronic House. In addition, he is the founder and executive director of The Classic TV Preservation Society, a nonprofit organization that seeks to close the gap between popular culture and education.
- Author(s)Herbie J. Pilato
- PublisherTaylor Trade Publishing
- Date of Publication05/11/2012
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTaylor Trade Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight862 g
- Width159 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.95Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.28Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.