All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from Two Marriages Well, I am glad it has come off at last, for never was there a wedding so talked about, said Mrs. Smiles. It hasn't come off yet, replied Mrs. Kwle, shaking her head mysteriously. And, for my part, even though we sit here, in the very church, with the clerk arranging the cushions, and poor John Bowerbank - he looks nervous, doesn't he? even though he's an elderly man and a widower - walking up and down the aisle before our very eyes - I say, Mrs. Smiles, I shall never believe, till I see the ring on her finger, that they are really married. How strange it seems! Poor Emily Kendal - John Bowerbank's wife! Why do you say 'poor Emily Kendal, ' 'poor John Bowerbank, ' when it is such a suitable match - except in years perhaps; but a man's age is of consequence. And then Miss Kendal looks so much older than she really is, and is such a grave, sedate sort of person - grown old-maidish already. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)Dinah Maria Mulock Craik
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication26/11/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight426 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.