All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTwo Natures Met addresses the spiritual conflicts depicted in George Herbert's The Temple from the perspective of Herbert's engagement with the mystery of the Incarnation. Herbert's commitment to his art develops as his apprehension of the fullness of the Incarnation advances. Against the icoclasm of the Puritans, Herbert praises the stained glass windows, the vestments, and the perfumes that lead the poet to appreciate the bruised and broken body that gives him poetic lines and eternal life.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Jeannie Sargent Judge is Assistant Professor of English at the University of Massachusetts, Lowell. She received her Ph.D. in English from Boston University in 1986. She has published numerous articles on George Herbert.
- Author(s)Jeannie Sargent Judge
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/2004
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleStudies in the Humanities Literature - Politics - Society
- Series Part/Volume Number65
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight380 g
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.96
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.41
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.