All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $22.35Free postage
- AU $22.83Free postage
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $44.26Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.44
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $46.03
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.70
About this product
- DescriptionHere, in one volume, are two remarkable vels by the chief spokesman of the so-called new vel which has caused such discussion and aroused such controversy. Jealousy, said the New York Times Book Review is a technical masterpiece, impeccably contrived. It is an exhilarating challenge, said the San Francisco Chronicle. The Times Literary Supplement of London called Robbe-Grillet an incomparable artist and the Guardian termed Jealousy an extraordinary book. In his native France, leading critic Maurice Nadeau wrote in France-Observateur that In the Labyrinth is better than an excellent vel: it is a great work of literature, and fellow velist and critic Claude Roy judged the same work Robbe-Grillet s best book, while here in America the Parade of Books column called In the Labyrinth a highly emotional experience for the reader and went on to predict: Robbe-Grillet will take his place in world literature as a successor of Balzac and Proust. This volume, which offers incisive essays on Robbe-Grillet by Professor Bruce Morrissette of the University of Chicago and by French critics Roland Barthes and Anne Mir, also contains a helpful bibliography of writings by and about the author.
- Author BiographyHoward is a Pulitzer Prize winning poet and translator.
- Author(s)A. Robbe-Grillet
- PublisherGrove Press / Atlantic Monthly Press
- Date of Publication14/01/1994
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGrove Press / Atlantic Monthly Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight325 g
- Width135 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.