All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis text is an introduction to gas-liquid two-phase flow, boiling and condensation for graduate students, professionals, and researchers in mechanical, nuclear, and chemical engineering. The book provides a balanced coverage of two-phase flow and phase change fundamentals, well-established art and science dealing with conventional systems, and the rapidly developing areas of microchannel flow and heat transfer. It is based on the author's more than 15 years of teaching experience. Instructors teaching multiphase flow have had to rely on a multitude of books and reference materials. This book remedies that problem by covering all the topics essential for a graduate course. Important areas include: two-phase flow model conservation equations and their numerical solution; condensation with and without ncondensables; and two-phase flow, boiling, and condensation in mini and microchannels.
- Author BiographyMostafa Ghiaasiaan is a Professor in the George W. Woodruff School of Mechanical Engineering at Georgia Tech. Before joining the faculty, Professor Ghiaasiaan worked in the Aerospace and Nuclear Power industry for 8 years, conducting research and development activity on modeling and simulation of transport processes, multi-phase flow, and nuclear reactor thermal-hydraulics and safety. His current research areas include nuclear reactor thermal-hydraulics, particle transport, cryogenics and cryocoolers, and multiphase flow and change-of-phase heat transfer in microchannels. Professor Ghiaasiaan has more than 150 publications, including 80 journal articles, on transport phenomena and multiphase flow. Ghiaasiaan was made a Fellow of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) and has been a member of that organization and the American Nuclear Society (ANS) for more than 20 years. Currently he serves as the Executive Editor for Asia, Africa, and Australia, of the journal Annals of Nuclear Energy.
- Author(s)S. Mostafa Ghiaasiaan
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication07/08/2014
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note45 tables 175 exercises
- Weight1090 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.