Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.53Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionTwo Steps Forward, One Step Back chronicles the true story of a young man's struggle through the darkness of ulcerative colitis and the trials and triumphs of managing his disease through the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD). At age 23, Tucker Sweeney was living the life any young person would envy. Rock climbing, backpacking, skiing, and traveling were the only thoughts on his mind. Yet, that same year, Tucker was diagsed with the painful disease ulcerative colitis. This book follows the ups and downs of living life with inflammatory bowel diseases such as ulcerative colitis, Crohns or the more common disorders of irritable bowel syndrome and celiac disease. Tucker writes a practical and personal memoir detailing the day to day functioning of life on the SCD along with helpful hints on cooking, travel, and being active in the outdoors. Co-written with his mother, her chapters give the unique perspective of a care givers viewpoint, along with insights on the emotions present when caring for a family member with a chronic illness. An inspirational story of hope for those dealing with disease and hardship. The book also includes more than 20 easy to understand SCD recipes, tips, and a section on menu planning and cooking for a week.
- Author BiographyTucker Sweeney studied health and physical education at Boise State University before moving to northern Idaho with his wife Katie and their dog Pepper. There they hike, climb, and ski in the beautiful outdoors while living life to the fullest. Carol Thompson lives in the mountains of Idaho on 5 acres with her husband Steve, son Dylan, three dogs, two beehives, and a perpetually weedy garden.
- Author(s)Tucker Sweeney
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication05/09/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight268 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.