All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOff the coast of Cape Cod in 1950, a February blizzard tore t one but two oil tankers in half. This is the suspenseful true story of a U.S. Coast Guard captain and his small crew who were called out to rescue the tanker crews without a cutter or chopper or a sea plane. But Captain Bernie Weber knew well the infamous Coast Guard motto: You have to go out. You don't have to come back. He took a small boat and crew out in 60-foot waves and rescued 30 men. Weber's subsequent gold medal for valor is still revered within the U.S. Coast Guard, and this thrilling first-ever narrative is a gripping adventure story for fans of The Perfect Storm and The Hungry Ocean.
- Author BiographyRobert R. Frump is a respected author and journalist with a number of national awards under his belt, including a Polk and part of a Pulitzer. His last book, Until the Sea Shall Free Them, was critically well received, and is currently being reviewed by Disney/Buena Vista. He lives in Summit, New Jersey.
- Author(s)Robert Frump
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication27/08/2008
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationGuilford
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Lyons Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight21 g
- Width150 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.