Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStuck in a loveless marriage with the local grocer in small-town Kent, Maureen Harding's life is drab and uneventful. Uneventful, that is, until property tycoon David Adler, working-class boy made good, descends on the local community with ambitions to buy up and kck down the town center, intending to construct a modern shopping mall in its place. Among the buildings Adler wants is the grocer's - and he also wants Maureen. As big businessman comes up against local tradesman, a man more concerned to hold onto his shop than his wife, events hasten towards an explosive deuement. Seen through the eyes of David Adler's old school friend, the cynical, donnish George Timmins, Tycoonery is awry, ironic vel of financial and amorous desire in 1970s England.
- Author BiographyROGER SMITH has written for television and films since the early sixties; his screenplays include Up the Junction. He has worked with Ken Loach as a script consultant for the past fifteen years and is also a theater director. Tycoonery is his first novel.
- Author(s)Roger Smith
- PublisherVerso Books
- Date of Publication02/08/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVerso Books
- Weight318 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.84Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.08
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $34.27Trending at AU $40.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.