All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCast into a terrifying world of werewolves, dragons and spell casting armadillos, Tyger has to fight his was out to survive.It's National Take Your Kids to Work Day and Tyger Pants, a typical 9 year old boy, should be looking forward to a day off school. But unfortunately his dad isn't a cool fire fighter and his mum isn't a policewoman. His dad's a librarian - DULL! Dull that is until his dad is called away to an emergency meeting, leaving his uncharacteristically cool iRate4 phone lying on the desk. Tyger can't help but fiddle... The phone is really a top secret Library Service Editor and before Tyger kws what's happening he's plunged into a terrifying fantasy world of werewolves, dragons and spell casting armadillos. Cretin the Cruel and his Werebeast Army are about to invade and, if he ever wants to get home again, it's up to Tyger to stop them. Written for reluctant readers The Tyger Pants series has a a simple, linear plot line that is easy to follow. It is written in the first person, present tense to put the reader right in the middle of the action, creating a sense of urgency and excitement that keeps the pages turning and helping more reluctant readers engage with the story. Part of a series If you enjoy Cretin the Cruel try the second book in the Tyger Parts series: Count Tarantula. Review comments for Tyger Pants: 'An action packed, thriller of a ride, n-stop, scary adventure splattered with funny bits that make you laugh out loud.' 'A great book here that will keep young readers turning the page, there isn't time for them to get bored. 'Zany, crazy, different.' 'A must read.'
- Author BiographyAs a child I was a reluctant reader. I didn't see it as reluctance, I just didn't see the point: there were comics and a picture is worth a thousand words right? I am now an avid reader and regret missing out on so many good stories as a child. Fortunately, with children of my own, I'm now managing to catch up, reading stories to them every night before bed. There isn't anything quite like a good book to let you escape from the world for a while. True, films are great, but they don't engage you as much as a book. A well written book will get your imagination working, filling the story with colour and energy: a film is a depiction of somebody else's imagination. In fact, I enjoy reading stories to my children so much, I started to write my own. And bearing in mind my own reluctance to read as a child I have written them to be as engaging as possible, to draw the reluctant reader into a land of imagination and discovery.
- Author(s)MR Royston G Wood
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication02/05/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight150 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $234.90Trending at AU $288.91
- AU $23.49Trending at AU $29.40
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $32.69
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.69
- AU $36.10Trending at AU $44.54
- AU $31.62Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $19.13Trending at AU $19.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.