All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
About this product
- DescriptionWhether you have been living with type 1 diabetes for some time, or you have just discovered that your child is diabetic, there's a lot you need to kw about the new developments in treating, controlling, and living with this disease. Type 1 Diabetes For Dummies, explains everything you need to kw and do to make living with type 1 diabetes easier and healthier. This reassuring, plain-English guide helps you understand and mange the disease with tips on working with your doctor, administering insulin, developing a diet an exercise plan, and coping with illness and travel. You'll find out about the latest techlogies of blood glucose monitoring and insulin delivery, and get a handle on everything you need to do to keep yourself or your child healthy, active, and feeling good. Discover how to:* Overcome short-term complications* Eat a diabetes-friendly diet* Use exercise to help control type 1 diabetes* Handle school, work, and other activities* Help your child maintain a high quality of life* Prevent long-term complications* Be healthier than your friends who don't have diabetes* Deal with the emotional and psychological effects of the disease* Choose an insulin pump for yourself or your child* Calculate insulin dosages Anyone can live a long, healthy, and productive life with type 1 diabetes. Small Type 1 Diabetes For Dummies delivers every drop of information you need to make sure that you or your child can do just that.
- Author BiographyThis is the fifth For Dummies book by Alan L. Rubin, MD. His previous books, Diabetes For Dummies, Diabetes Cookbook For Dummies, Thyroid For Dummies, and High Blood Pressure For Dummies (all of which are now in second editions), have been major successes. Letters of praise from numerous readers verify the important role that Dr. Rubin's books have played in their lives. The books have been translated into seven languages and adapted for readers in the United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia. Each of Dr. Rubin's For Dummies books provides the latest information on every aspect of its subject while being written in an easy-to-understand format that's full of humor and wisdom.
- Author(s)Alan L. Rubin
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication17/07/2008
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight584 g
- Width188 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.