All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Quin Woodward Pu-a straight-A Asian-American extrovert from Georgia with a penchant for vodka, designer shoes, and older men-receives her acceptance letter from Johns Hopkins Medical School, she is forced to make a decision between giving up her hard-partying, man-eating ways and continuing her fabulous VIP lifestyle and pursuing a more glitzy and glamorous career. Type A+ is the memoir of her transition from MCAT-teaching pre-med free clinic volunteer to directionless, yet fabulous and resourceful, freelance writer. Like many Asian-Americans, she butts heads with her first-generation Chinese father when she strays from his life plan for her to attend a top medical program. She is encouraged by her histrionic but loyal friends-from an undiagsed alcoholic roommate, to a bohemian BFFL, to a middle-aged playboy dermatologist boyfriend -to follow her champagne-soaked dreams of becoming a journalist.
- Author BiographyQuin Woodward Pu, the Editor-in-Chief of Little Black Blog (LittleBlackBlog.net), is a freelance writer and Washington mondaine, quick to find her niche in pensive yet fast-paced journalism. The Georgia native and Vanderbilt alum covers all things fashionable and political. Her writing support and social panache are used in philanthropic endeavors and she offers charitable publicity and talent to many non-profits and causes.
- Author(s)Quin Woodward Pu
- Date of Publication01/08/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight231 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.