CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
More items related to this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $20.36Trending at AU $34.81
- AU $32.65Trending at AU $39.17
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $36.48
- AU $18.31Trending at AU $19.57
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.19
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $21.29
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $44.94
About this product
- DescriptionCalm, stoic captain Mac Whirr has just been given command of a new steamship, the Nan-Shan. He and his crew are transporting Asian workers across the China Sea when a sudden drop in atmospheric pressure alerts Mac Whirr of some uncommonly dirty weather kcking about. Soon the steamship, her crew, and the human cargo are caught in the midst of a vicious typhoon. The impending disaster brings out the best and the worst of Mac Whirr; Jukes, the chief mate; Solomon, the wise engineer; and the rest of the crew. Conrad shows that in the struggle for survival, true character will always be exposed.
- Author BiographyNovelist Joseph Conrad, one of the first English modernists, was considered by critics to be the single most important innovator of twentieth-century literature. Among his most famous works are Heart of Darkness and Lord Jim. Scott Brick has recorded over five hundred audiobooks, has won over forty AudioFile Earphones Awards, and has twice received Audie Awards for his work on the Dune series. He has been proclaimed a Golden Voice by AudioFile magazine as well as Publishers Weekly 's 2007 Narrator of the Year.
- Author(s)Joseph Conrad
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication01/06/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Weight162 g
- Width172 mm
- Height165 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Narrator(s)Scott Brick
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time240
- Edition StatementLibrary ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.