All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe opening of an exhibit focused on Jane, a beautifully preserved tyransaur collected by the Burpee Museum of Natural History, was the occasion for an international symposium on tyransaur paleobiology. This volume, drawn from the symposium, includes studies of the tyransaurids Chingkankousaurus fragilis and Sir William and the generic status of Natyrannus; theropod teeth, pedal proportions, brain size, and craniocervical function; soft tissue reconstruction, including that of Jane ; paleopathology and tyransaurid claws; dating the Jane site; and tyransaur feeding and hunting strategies. Tyransaurid Paleobiology highlights the far ranging and vital state of current tyransaurid disaur research and discovery.
- Author BiographyJ. Michael Parrish is Dean College of Sciences, San Jose State University. Ralph E. Molnar is Research Associate with the Museum of Northern Arizona. Philip J. Currie is Professor of Biological Sciences at the University of Alberta. Eva B. Koppelhus is Research Scientist in the Department of Biological Sciences at the University of Alberta.
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication05/07/2013
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Series TitleLife of the Past
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note124 b&w illus.
- Weight862 g
- Width4522 mm
- Height6452 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byEva B. Koppelhus,J. Michael Parrish,Philip J. Currie,Ralph E. Molnar
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.