Tyranny of Niceness: Unmasking the Need for Approval by Evelyn K. Sommers (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $40.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionI've got to stop being so nice. How often has Dr Evelyn Sommers heard that from her clients over the years? The Tyranny of Niceness identifies and confronts our most fundamental social dysfunction -- niceness. For over 15 years, Sommers, a Toronto psychologist, has treated many twisted lives created by being nice. She interweaves the case histories of her clients with her own observations to present a frightening, yet hopeful, picture of a society that promotes silence and obedience over individuality and honesty. Through her stories and analysis, we see that letting go of niceness, without being rude or uncivil, means a new way of relating to others and a new honesty with oneself.
- Author BiographyEvelyn Sommers is a psychologist in private practice in Toronto and is the author of the book Voices from Within: Women Who Have Broken the Law, as well as a number of professional journal articles.
- Author(s)Evelyn K. Sommers
- PublisherDundurn Group Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/2005
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintDundurn Group Ltd
- Weight384 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.