All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe grouped stories in Tyrants trace the many forms of emotional inheritance-cultural, romantic, and historical. Some deftly portray both time and place, while others mine interpersonal relations with such intimacy and truth that they could be set anytime, anywhere. In the first sequence of stories, a son inherits and reconsiders his father's convoluted and extravagant tions about love, sex, wealth, and fatherhood. In the second, an American man and his Korean wife confront the cultural implications of a romantic, self-imposed exile. And in the historical fictions that complete the collection, love and flight, ambition, exploration, and exile intertwine in a helium balloon above Sweden, in an Italian airship at the North Pole, and in Stalin's dacha during the Nazi invasion. Marshall N. Klimasewiski's talent for deft psychological triangulations (New York Times Book Review) and for capturing the subtle dynamics between people (St. Louis Post-Dispatch) is on full display here.
- Author BiographyMarshall N. Klimasewiski's stories have appeared in The New Yorker, The Atlantic, and Best American Short Stories. He teaches writing at Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri, where he lives.
- Author(s)Marshall N. Klimasewiski
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication01/02/2008
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight180 g
- Width140 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $24.16Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.51Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.