All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen a German type VII C World War II U-Boat is discovered off Miami, FL during the yearly sport diving mini lobster season wheels are set in motion resulting in world-wide consequences. News of the discovery is reported in newspapers and shown on the 24 hour cable news networks. One person eating dinner at his favorite German restaurant in Bues Aires takes the news more seriously than a casual reader might. By the next morning a meeting has been convened by a secret organization which was formed in 1944. The organization's existence had come to light only after documents from the war had been declassified nearly 40 years after the end of the war. Now, the organization is faced with a tough decision, igre the discovery or destroy the U-boat before its secrets could be discovered. An investigation by a dive boat operator and a marine historian in Miami Beach reveals the existence of several crew members of the U-1020 still alive in Florida, including the captain. As the investigation continues governments in four countries have to face their past and work together to uncover a history that most would rather keep buried. The investigation reveals links to the Swiss and Vatican banking system during the war as well as questionable activity by a number of internationally recognized organizations. In addition a discovery is made that changes the history books; Adolf Hitler escaped Germany before the end of the war and lived out his life at an estate near the ski slopes in Patagonia, Argentina. That estate was advertised for sale in 2012 as 'Adolf Hitler's Estate for Sale' in newspapers and real estate listings in South America. The author has examined FBI records which are part of a top secret file that has recently been made available under the 'Freedom of Information' act. The file includes credible sightings of Adolph Hitler, Eva Braun, and members of his high command. Now it's your turn; after reading U-1020 decide for yourself, did Adolf Hitler die in his bunker in Berlin as originally reported or did he lead a quiet life on the shore of Lago Nahuel Huapi?
- Author BiographyJOEL AUERBACH is the author of two previous books. 'Dive Miami', a historical look at the natural and artificial wreck sites in the vicinity of Miami, Florida. The second book, 'Focus '07', is a photographic essay of sports and entertainment images taken by the author in the United States and Internationally. In addition, Joel Auerbach was an associate editor of the Brazilian dive magazine Mergulhar and wrote travel articles for Caribbean destinations which included underwater photographs taken by the author on location. Joel's underwater photographs have appeared in Skin Diver Magazine along with numerous brochures and other magazines. A collection of Joel's underwater photographs was sold internationally in CD form. For the previous four years, Joel Auerbach has been photographing sporting events in the United States and South America and has been affiliated with Getty Images. His images have appeared in newspapers worldwide and in magazines including; Sports Illustrated, and ESPN the Magazine. U-1020 is the first novel by Joel Auerbach. A sequel to this book is in the works and will be available in 2014.
- Author(s)Joel B Auerbach
- Date of Publication26/06/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight481 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $31.01New
- AU $78.85New
- AU $21.56New
- AU $43.88New
- AU $23.51New
- AU $25.04New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.48Trending at AU $31.01
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $78.85
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.16
- AU $59.72Trending at AU $61.86
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.85
- AU $22.27Trending at AU $22.91
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.