All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis first-of-its kind encyclopedia based on original research offers in-depth profiles showing how a broad spectrum of 121 important ngovernmental organizations in the health field work to affect the development of federal legislation and policy. A brief introduction provides a historical context for current action and an analysis of the various types of groups concerned with health. Arranged A to Z, the entries give the latest information about organizations that provide, consume, finance, and research services and products-employers, insurance companies, those in the health industry itself, labor unions, consumer advocates, public policy and medical research organizations, among others. Each profile gives data about the origin and development of the group, its organization and funding, policy concerns and tactics, electoral activity, and sources for further research. This one-volume reference details group positions on all types of federal health policies, national health care reform proposals, and exemplifies the roles that the organizations have played in historical and contemporary reform efforts. A chrology points to major federal health and health-related legislation, and appendices include the questionnaire that was sent to the groups and a directory of the organizations profiled and of additional organizations that are active in health care. An index also makes the volume user-friendly for students, teachers, policymakers, activists, and all concerned with health care issues today.
- Author BiographyCRAIG RAMSAY, Professor of Politics and Government at Ohio Wesleyan University, has authored journal articles and essays on a variety of political and policy topics. He is currently engaged in a research project that focuses on understanding the similarities and differences in the historical development of the politics of public health insurance in the United States and Canada.
- Author(s)Craig Ramsay
- Date of Publication22/02/1995
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitleGreenwood Reference Volumes on American Public Policy Formation
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteindex
- Weight857 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.