All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.00Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionAce your next history test with this concise, easy-to-read guide U.S. History for Dummies, 3rd Edition fills the need to improve high school proficiency in history by providing a complete history of the United States, presented in an accessible, reader-friendly format designed to engage students while reinforcing lessons learned in class. The National Assessment of Educational Progress 2011 report showed that only 12% of high school seniors in the U.S. perform at a proficient level in history. This, coupled with the fact that U.S. History courses and AP exams have been redesigned to remedy the situation, means that many students and parents are in need of a supplemental study guide. Award-winning political journalist and history writer Steve Wiegand guides you through the events that shaped our nation, from pre-Columbian civilizations to the 21st century. The explorers, the wars, the leaders, and the eras are all fully explored and explained, demonstrating how the past influences the future. From the Boston Tea Party to the current Tea Party, the updated 3rd edition includes information about events that have occurred since the previous edition's 2009 release. New coverage includes: * Recession recovery, including federal efforts, unemployment, and the widening class divide * The rise of the extreme right and the bitter divisions between political parties and geographic regions * Seeking the balance between superpower and domestic caretaker * The impact of social media, government surveillance, and cyber crime Not all history is old news, and what happened yesterday affects us all today. It is vitally important that all U.S. citizens are well-versed in the building of our nation, and remain aware of current events. For students and parents wondering what they've missed, U.S. History for Dummies, 3rd Edition unlocks the door to the past and the future.
- Author BiographySteve Wiegand, an award-winning political journalist and history writer for more than three decades, has been a reporter and columnist for the San Diego Evening Tribune, San Francisco Chronicle, and Sacramento Bee. He has authored or coauthored a half-dozen books on world and U.S. history.
- Author(s)Steve Wiegand
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication06/06/2014
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight644 g
- Width189 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.