U.S. Regulation of Ocean Transportation Under the Shipping Act of 1984 by Gerald H. Ullman (Hardback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $54.71Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book furnishes a quick and clear exposition of the statutory and regulatory responsibilities of those participating in the sale, processing, and transportation of cargo shipped from the United States. It analyzes in detail the duties imposed by the Shipping Act of 1984 on those engaged in U.S. oceanborne trade. Vessel operators can learn about their agreement filing obligations, the scope of their tariffs, what practices are prohibited, the statutory protection in place against abuses by foreign countries, and the numerous governing regulations with which they must comply. Shippers will be informed about their legal obligations for freight charges, carrier services due them, how to obtain a refund or form a shippers association, and their responsibilities under a shippers credit agreement. For marine terminal operators, the book spells out the extent of the Federal Maritime Commissions jurisdiction, tariff filing requirements, authorized charges, and their areas of liability. Nonvessel-operating common carriers by water can ascertain which provisions of the 1984 Act govern their conduct, and how they can comply with the bonding requirement and co-loading rules.
- Author(s)Gerald H. Ullman
- PublisherCornell Maritime Press Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/01/2010
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCentreville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCornell Maritime Press Inc.,U.S.
- Weight667 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.07New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.44
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.