All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionFew would dispute U2's position as the biggest rock band in the world. Active and relevant for nearly thirty-five years, Bo, the Edge, Adam Clayton, and Larry Mullen, Jr. have been masters of reinvention, thriving artistically while continuing to sell out concerts across the globe. From their start at Dublin's Mount Temple School in 1976 up to the 2009 Rose Bowl show that shattered a U.S. concert attendance record (previously set by the group in 1987), U2's members have experienced some amazing collective highs. But in its ascent, the band has seen its share of personal, artistic, and commercial setbacks. These are just some of the topics U2 FAQ explores: How did Bo recover his cherished suitcase of lyrics 23 years after its 1981 disappearance? What movie dialogue is sampled in the middle of Seconds? What effect did bull's blood have on Larry's drumming? How did Bo's visit to Central America inform The Joshua Tree? What are the details of Adam's 1989 marijuana bust? How did Mick Jagger wind up on All That You Can't Leave Behind ? Award-winning music journalist John D. Luerssen goes beyond the essential facts, delving into the legendary fables and unique anecdotes that make U2 FAQ an indispensable read for all U2 disciples.
- Author BiographyJohn D. Luerssen has also written for Rolling Stone, Billboard, All Music Guide, and American Songwriter.
- Author(s)John D. Luerssen
- PublisherHal Leonard Corporation
- Date of Publication01/10/2010
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationMilwaukee
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBackbeat Books
- Out-of-print date29/01/2015
- Content NoteBlack and White Photos throughout
- Weight788 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.