All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJohn Jobling takes readers beyond the myth in this unauthorized biography to present the first comprehensive account of the illustrious Irish rockers in 25 years. Drawing on extensive interviews with insiders including record label scouts, studio presidents, politicians, music critics, and childhood friends, Jobling investigates the U2's most personal relationships and controversial business practices, delivering a vivid portrait that traces the rock phemen from its conception to post-punk champions to political crusaders. Filled with captivating revelations, reader will learn: - How Bo, the Edge, and Larry Mullen, Jr. worshiped with a Charismatic Christian church that practiced speaking in tongues during the band's early days- Insider stories of the genesis and recording of classic albums such as The Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby- Creative tensions within the band and power struggles among management- How the disappointments of the Rattle and Hum film and PopMart Tour spurred the band to greater creative heights- Both the successes and controversies of Bo's wide-sweeping philanthropic and political ventures- The disconnect between the band's personal lives and public personasSure to inspire debate with every music lover, U2: The Definitive Biography humanizes the band and paints an honest picture of a band's rise to the top, plunging into the heart and underlying soul of this iconic rock and roll band.
- Author BiographyJOHN JOBLING is a British film and music journalist. He is the former music editor of the UK lifestyle website Mansized and has also contributed to DotMusic, Total Film and Playstation Sports, among others. Over the years, he has interviewed such personalities as Michelle Pfeiffer, Gillian Anderson and Karen O.
- Author(s)John Jobling
- PublisherSt. Martin's Griffin
- Date of Publication26/05/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt. Martin's Griffin
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width140 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $34.84
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.71Trending at AU $41.16
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.