All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCharged primarily with the support of ground forces in the invasion of Normandy, the Ninth fielded a variety of aircraft - liaison, fighter, bomber and troop carrier - and operated from over 60 airfields in Britain. In this work, they are explored and photographed on the ground and from the air, ranging from the troop carrier bases of central and southern England; the bomber airfields in Essex and the New Forest, and the advanced landing grounds in Kent and Hampshire - temporary expedients to enable fighters to give close support to the battlefield. Then, the airfields were in the front line, vibrant and full of activity as men and machines prepared to do battle. Now, they have adopted new faces: as centres of industry and international aviation or venues for leisure activities and motor racing. Some still retain their war-like status as military bases while others have returned to the plough as the wheel turns full circle.
- Author(s)Roger A. Freeman
- PublisherAfter the Battle
- Date of Publication15/05/1994
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleAfter the Battle S.
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAfter the Battle
- Content Note510 illustrations
- Width216 mm
- Height305 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.84
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.