All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
About this product
- DescriptionUMTS Network Planning, Optimization, and Inter-Operation with GSM is an accessible, one-stop reference to help engineers effectively reduce the time and costs involved in UMTS deployment and optimization. Rahnema includes detailed coverage from both a theoretical and practical perspective on the planning and optimization aspects of UMTS, and a number of other new techniques to help operators get the most out of their networks. Provides an end-to-end perspective, from network design to optimization Incorporates the hands-on experiences of numerous researchers Single authorship allows for strong coherency and accessibility Details the complete iteration cycle of radio link budgeting for coverage planning and dimensioning Rahnema demonstrates detailed formulation of radio capacity and coverage in UMTS, and discusses the tradeoffs involved. He presents complete link budgeting and iterative simulations for capacity and coverage planning, along with practical guidelines. UMTS Network Planning contains seventeen cohesive and well-organized chapters which cover numerous topics, including: Radio channel structures, radio channel models, parameters, model tuning Techniques for capacity and coverage enhancements Complete treatment of power control, handoffs and radio resource practical management processes and parameters Detailed coverage of TCP protocol enhancement for operation over wireless links, particularly UMTS Application of GSM measurements to plan and re-engineer for UMTS radio sites Guidelines for site co-location with GSM, the QOS classes, parameters and inter-workings in UMTS AMR voice codecs and tradeoffs, core and access network design, architectural evolution, and protocols Comprehensive discussion and presentation of practical techniques for radio performance analysis, trending, and troubleshooting Perfect for professionals in the field and researchers specializing in network enhancement. Engineers working on other air interfaces and next generation techlogies will find many of the techniques introduced helpful in designing and deploying future wireless networks as well. Students and professionals new to the wireless field will also find this book to be a good foundation in network planning, performance analysis, and optimization.
- Author BiographyMoe Rahnema is a consultant providing advisory services to major network equipment vendors and mobile operators in the areas of network planning, network architecture and solution development, as well as radio coverage planning and optimization of 3G/UMTS, GSM, and GPRS. His clients have included Ericsson, Nokia, America Movile (Mexico), T-Mobile (USA), Excelcomindo (Indonesia), Maxis (Malaysia), LCC International (US & UK), and General Telephone and Electronics (USA). He has also held Principal Engineer positions at Hughes Network Systems (US) and Motorola Satellite Communications (US). Rahnema has published in IEEE magazines and journals, as well as with commercial technical magazines on wireless communications. He also has 8 US patents in the wireless communications field. Rahnema holds an M.S. and has completed coursework equivalent to two PhDs in Electrical Engineering and Aeronautics and Astronautics, from Northeastern University and MIT, respectively.
- Author(s)Moe Rahnema
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication22/02/2008
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight762 g
- Width176 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.