UNIX: The Complete Reference: The Complete Reference by Richard R. Rosinski, Douglas A. Host, Kenneth H. Rosen, Rachel Klee (Paperback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $76.61Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $51.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe Definitive UNIX Resource--Fully Updated Get cutting-edge coverage of the newest releases of UNIX--including Solaris 10, all Linux distributions, HP-UX, AIX, and FreeBSD--from this thoroughly revised, one-stop resource for users at all experience levels. Written by UNIX experts with many years of experience starting with Bell Laboratories, UNIX: The Complete Reference, Second Edition provides step-by-step instructions on how to use UNIX and take advantage of its powerful tools and utilities. Get up-and-running on UNIX quickly, use the command shell and desktop, and access the Internet and e-mail. You'll also learn to administer systems and networks, develop applications, and secure your UNIX environment. Up-to-date chapters on UNIX desktops, Samba, Python, Java Apache, and UNIX Web development are included. Install, configure, and maintain UNIX on your PC or workstation Work with files, directories, commands, and the UNIX shell Create and modify text files using powerful text editors Use UNIX desktops, including GNOME, CDE, and KDE, as an end user or system administrator Use and manage e-mail, TCP/IP networking, and Internet services Protect and maintain the security of your UNIX system and network Share devices, printers, and files between Windows and UNIX systems Use powerful UNIX tools, including awk, sed, and grep Develop your own shell, Python, and Perl scripts, and Java, C, and C++ programs under UNIX Set up Apache Web servers and develop browser-independent Web sites and applications
- Author BiographyKen Rosen is a distinguished author of textbooks in computer science and mathematics with more than 22 years of experience working at AT&T and Bell Labs. Douglas Host worked at AT&T and Bell Labs and has more than 29 years' experience working on computing and network projects. Rachel Klee is a computer science teacher and UNIX expert. James Farber is a member of the technical staff at Avaya and formerly worked at AT&T and Bell Labs. Richard Rosinski is vice president of professional services at VoiceGenie Technologies and worked at AT&T and Bell Labs for 18 years.
- Author(s)Douglas A. Host,Kenneth H. Rosen,Rachel Klee,Richard R. Rosinski
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication19/12/2006
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteill
- Weight1515 g
- Width185 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine45 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.