All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.04Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionYour research has generated gigabytes of data and w you need to analyse it. You hate using spreadsheets but it is all you kw, so what else can you do? This book will transform how you work with large and complex data sets, teaching you powerful programming tools for slicing and dicing data to suit your needs. Written in a fun and accessible style, this step-by-step guide will inspire and inform n-programmers about the essential aspects of Unix and Perl. It shows how, with just a little programming kwledge, you can write programs that could save you hours, or even days. No prior experience is required and new concepts are introduced using numerous code examples that you can try out for yourself. Going beyond the basics, the authors touch upon many broader topics that will help those new to programming, including debugging and how to write in a good programming style.
- Author BiographyKeith Bradnam is a project scientist in the Genome Center at the University of California, Davis. He has extensive experience working with model organism databases and spent four years as a project leader at WormBase, helping to develop this important bioinformatics resource. Ian Korf is an Associate Professor in Molecular and Cellular Biology at the University of California, Davis. His research seeks to understand structure and function in genomic DNA. He has developed new tools for gene prediction, co-authored the only book devoted to BLAST and helped in the development of BioPerl.
- Author(s)Ian Korf,Keith Bradnam
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication19/07/2012
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note5 b/w illus.
- Weight680 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Most relevant reviews
- milagauta_221 Oct, 2016by
Package arrived on specified time intact and all good! Good trade. Highly recommended!
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.