All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines US foreign policy and global standing in the 21st Century. The United States is the most powerful actor in world politics today. Against this backdrop, the present volume examines how the foreign policies pursued by Presidents' George W. Bush and Barack Obama have affected elite and public perceptions of the United States. By examining America's standing from the perspective of different actors from across various regions, including China, Russia, Latin America and the Middle East, while also assessing how these perceptions interact with America's own policies, this books presents a fresh interpretation of America's global standing. In doing so, the volume evaluates how these perceptions affect the realities of US power, and what impact this has on moulding US foreign policy and the policies of other global powers. A number of books address the question of which grand strategy the United States should adopt and the issue of whether or t America is in relative decline as a world power. However, the debate on these issues has largely been set against the policies of the Bush administration. By contrast, this volume argues that while Obama has raised the popularity of America since the low reached by Bush, America's credibility and overall standing have actually been damaged further under President Obama. This book will be of much interest to students of US foreign policy, US national security, strategic studies, Middle Eastern politics, international relations and security studies generally.
- Author BiographyEfraim Inbar is Professor in Political Studies at Bar-Ilan University and the Director of the Begin-Sadat (BESA) Center for Strategic Studies, Israel. He is author/editor of numerous titles, including most recently The Arab Spring, Democracy and Security: Domestic and Regional Ramifications (Routledge, 2013). Jonathan Rynhold is Senior Lecturer of Political Studies at Bar-Ilan University, Israel, Director of the Argov Center for the Study of Israel and the Jewish People, and a senior researcher at the Begin-Sadat (BESA) Center for Strategic Studies. He is author of The Arab-Israeli Conflict in American Political Culture (2015).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/01/2016
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note11 black & white tables, 25 black & white line drawings
- Weight589 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byEfraim Inbar,Jonathan Rynhold
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.