All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines in depth the fundamental problems, factors and issues in current US-Israeli relations, which will have implications both for the Middle East and for world peace and prosperity. The US and Israel have established an exceptional relationship, which has significant effects on events and processes in the entire Middle East. Israel depends on the US for military hardware, for support against hostile international organizations, and for ecomic and financial aid. In turn, it is viewed by the US as a strong and reliable ally, and the US has adopted strategic concepts that for decades have governed Israel's national security, such as pre-emptive strikes and counter-terrorist strategies. However, politicians and scholars have accused Israel and pro-Israeli organizations of exerting too much influence on US policy in the Middle East. Here, a collection of international experts present original research and findings on a wide variety of critical bilateral and regional issues in American-Israeli relations, approaching the topics from both theoretical and practical angles.
- Author BiographyEytan Gilboa is Professor of Political Science and International Communication at Bar-Ilan University. He is also a Senior Research Associate at the Begin-Sadat (BESA) Center for Strategic Studies and a Visiting Professor of Public Diplomacy at the University of Southern California. Efraim Inbar is Professor in Political Studies at Bar-Ilan University and the Director of its Begin-Sadat (BESA) Center for Strategic Studies.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/12/2008
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note16 black & white tables, 7 black & white line drawings
- Weight544 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byEfraim Inbar,Eytan Gilboa
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.