All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt is secret that the US variously pulls away from the United Nations and embraces it as a significant venue for policy initiatives. But what explains this dramatic inconsistency? What is the logic of US multilateralism? Alynna Lyon explores the puzzling waxing and waning of US support for the UN, tracing events, actions, and decisions from the end of World War I to the present. Lyon weaves together a consideration of international context, UN institutional dynamics, and US domestic politics to conceptualize and explain the trials and tribulations of the US-UN relationship. In the process, she tells the story of the progression of the US from a country committed to internationalism to one full of dysfunctional partisanship, ideological underpinnings, and domestic power struggles that undermine its capacities to cooperate on a global scale.
- Author BiographyAlynna J. Lyon is associate professor of political science at the University of New Hampshire, USA. She is coauthor (with Karen Mingst and Margaret Karns) of The United Nations in the 21st Century, 5th Edition.
- Author(s)Alynna J. Lyon
- PublisherLynne Rienner Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/08/2016
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationBoulder CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLynne Rienner Publishers Inc
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.99Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $21.91Trending at AU $29.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.