All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.75Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionA great resource covering Ubuntu from A to Z without all the extra fluff -- Ryan Troy, administrator, Ubuntuforums.org. Read by over 500,000 people, Ubuntu Pocket Guide and Reference is the world's most popular Ubuntu book. Written by award-winning expert Keir Thomas, it will quickly transform you into a power user. In its clear and concise pages, you'll learn step-by-step about installation, the Ubuntu desktop, the tricks and techniques of efficient day-to-day usage, the command-line, software management, and, finally, system security. Appendixes provide a glossary of terms, and a guide to technical documentation.
- Author BiographyKeir Thomas is the world's most prolific and widely-read author writing about Ubuntu Linux. In 2006 he wrote the award-winning Beginning Ubuntu Linux (ISBN: 978-1590599914), the first English-language book to cover Ubuntu. A consistent best-seller, it was recently updated to a fourth edition. Thomas is also the author of Ubuntu Kung Fu (978-1934356227), the #1 best-selling Linux book that contains over 300 tips, tricks, hints, and hacks for Ubuntu users of all levels. In addition, he is the author of Beginning SUSE Linux (978-1590596746), and, with Shashank Sharma, Beginning Fedora (978-1590598559).
- Author(s)Keir Thomas
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectComputing: Consumer Books ('Technical Trade')
- Place of PublicationScotts Valley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.