All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLand-locked in the heart of the African continent, Uganda has a fantastic climate, an ever-changing landscape and people who are honest, polite and genuinely pleased to help. Footprint's Uganda Handbook will guide you from the peaks of the Mountains of the Moon, through the primeval Bwindi Impenetrable Forest and to the Source of the Nile at Jinja, taking in adrenalin-pumping thrills of tracking gorillas and rafting some of the best white water rides in the world. * Great coverage of gorilla trekking; bird- and butterfly-spotting; climbing the Rwenzoris; game-trekking, whitewater rafting, and fishing, cruising and caeing on the many lakes. * Loaded with information and suggestions on how to get off the beaten track, from rock paintings at Kakora to exploring the volcanic landscapes near Tororo * Includes comprehensive information on everything from transport and practicalities to history, culture & landscape * Plus all the usual accommodation, eating and drinking listings for every budget * Full-color planning section to inspire travelers and help you find the best experiences From the bustling city of Kampala to the heavily forested waterfalls of the tropical Ssese Islands, Footprint's fully updated 3rd edition will help you navigate this fairytale destination.
- Author BiographyOriginally from London, Lizzie has worked and lived in Africa for 14 years. Starting out on trips across the continent as a tour leader on overland trucks, she has sat with a gorilla, slept amongst elephants, fed a giraffe and swum with a hippo and is now something of an expert on border crossings and African beer. For Footprint she is author of South Africa, Namibia, Kenya and Tanzania; has written the only country guide to Nigeria and the first city guide to Johannesburg for Bradt; is author of the AA Spiral Guide to South Africa and Africa Overland, a glossy look at the overland route from Nairobi to Cape Town, is co-author of the DK Eyewitness to Kenya, and has contributed to Turkey and Egypt for Rough Guides. She has written various online African destination guides for leading websites in the UK and US including Frommers, British Airways and World Travel Guide.net. When not on the road, Lizzie lives in Cape Town.
- Author(s)Lizzie Williams
- PublisherFootprint Travel Guides
- Date of Publication01/09/2014
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleFootprint Handbook
- Place of PublicationBath
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFootprint Handbooks
- Content Noteillustrations (colour), maps (colour)
- Weight299 g
- Width115 mm
- Height184 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.26Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.