All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIs ugliness only skin-deep, or can something that is beautifully engineered--a B52 bomber or a Colt .45--also be ugly, if its function is to kill or to maim? What was Degenerate Art and why was it deemed such? Why are mountains seen as sublime expression of nature, when only two hundred years ago they were regarded as loathsome things to be avoided at all costs? Just what is the relation, if any, between tattoos and crime? And lastly, if there were ugliness in the world, would there be any beauty? Stephen Bayley, in his singular and at times tongue-in-cheek style, questions and explains the aesthetics of everything.
- Author BiographyStephen Bayley is one of the world's best-known commentators on design and popular culture, a bestselling author, and a columnist, broadcaster, and curator. He has served as Chief Executive of the Design Museum in London and also worked as a consultant for various brands including Ford, Absolut Vodka, The Coca-Cola Company, Volkswagen, BMW, and Harvey Nichols. He is a Chevalier de l'Ordre des Arts et des Lettres, an Honorary Fellow of RIBA, an Honorary Fellow of the University of Wales, and a Fellow of Liverpool Institute of Performing Arts.
- Author(s)Stephen Bayley
- PublisherOverlook Press
- Date of Publication03/10/2013
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOverlook Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, black & white halftones, colour illustrations
- Weight1202 g
- Width190 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.