All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUkraine's protest movement of 2013-14, kwn as the Euromaidan, and its culmination, the people's uprising in late 2013 - early 2014 became one of the most dramatic world events in recent years. The accession of Crimea to the Russian Federation and military conflict in the Donbas demonstrate that the dramatic dynamics of the country's ongoing transformation are still far from predictable. This book examines the manifold aspects of Ukraine's current crisis and its political upheaval. The contributors to the book, Ukrainian experts in a variety of disciplinary fields, explore social, political and cultural reasons and factors behind the country's transformation in its national and regional dimensions, the impact of Ukraine's revolution on European and global politics, and also the new challenges of tough reforms with which the country is faced. The contributors share the view that the Euromaidan brought new opportunities for Ukraine's modern development and the greatest historical chance for the country's European future since independence in 1991.
- Author BiographyViktor Stepanenko is Leading Research Fellow at the Institute of Sociology, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine. He obtained his PhD from the University of Manchester. From 2009 to 2012 he was a member of the Advisory Council at the Kennan Institute. His research interests include social theory, ethno-cultural issues and democratization. He is the author of several books and numerous articles. Yaroslav Pylynskyi is currently Director of the Kennan Kyiv Project Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars. He received his kandydat nauk (PhD) degree from the Institute of Ethnology, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine. His research interests include ethnic issues, migration, language politics. He is the author of over 100 publications in academic and periodical editions.
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication30/12/2014
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleInterdisciplinary Studies on Central and Eastern Europe
- Series Part/Volume Number13
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2014
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Weight600 g
- Width155 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byViktor Stepanenko,Yaroslav Pylynskyi
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.97
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.