Ultimate Limit State Design of Steel Plated Structures by J. K. Paik, Anil Kumar Thayamballi (Hardback, 2003)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $268.91Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $413.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSteel plated structures are important in a variety of marine and land-based applications, including ships, offshore platforms, power and chemical plants, box girder bridges and box girder cranes. The basic strength members in steel plated structures include support members (such as stiffeners and plate girders), plates, stiffened panels/grillages and box girders. During their lifetime, the structures constructed using these members are subjected to various types of loading which is for the most part operational, but may in some cases be extreme or even accidental. Ultimate Limit State Design of Steel Plated Structures reviews and describes both fundamentals and practical design procedures in this field. The derivation of the basic mathematical expressions is presented together with a thorough discussion of the assumptions and the validity of the underlying expressions and solution methods. Particularly valuable coverage in the book includes: Serviceability and the ultimate limit state design of steel structural systems and their components The progressive collapse and the design of damage tolerant structures in the context of marine accidents Age related structural degradation such as corrosion and fatigue cracks Furthermore, this book is also an easily accessed design tool which facilitates learning by applying the concepts of the limit states for practice using a set of computer programs which can be downloaded. In addition, expert guidance on mechanical model test results as well as nlinear finite element solutions, sophisticated design methodologies useful for practitioners in industries or research institutions, selected methods for accurate and efficient analyses of nlinear behavior of steel plated structures both up to and after the ultimate strength is reached, is provided. Designed as both a textbook and a handy reference, the book is well suited to teachers and university students who are approaching the limit state design techlogy of steel plated structures for the first time. The book also meets the needs of structural designers or researchers who are involved in civil, marine and mechanical engineering as well as offshore engineering and naval architecture.
- Author(s)Anil Kumar Thayamballi,J. K. Paik
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication21/01/2003
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1154 g
- Width187 mm
- Height258 mm
- Spine35 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.